Applying to a university or a college in the USA is undoubtedly a daunting process. Keeping a track of application timelines, choosing the right university, preparing for standardized tests, obtaining letters of recommendation can be a nerve wrecking experience for anyone!
Before applying to a university to study in the U.S.A, a little research about application cycles available, requirements and the process is mandatory.
Study in the U.S.A: Admission Cycle
Applications to different courses and universities in the U.S.A can be made 3 times a year. It depends upon students’ preferences which admission cycle they want to choose.
Applications for Fall Semester
- The semester starts in late August and ends in December or early January.
- Many selected courses are offered only in the fall semester.
- A lot of scholarships and jobs opportunities are also available during this semester.
Applications for Spring Semester
- Spring semester starts in January and ends in early May.
- Since it starts later, it is considered less than fall semester.
- Spring applicants lack the required experience for most of the internships and jobs.
Applications for the Summer Semester
- Summer semester is the shortest of all.
- It starts in June and ends in July.
- Some special programs are taught in this semester and there are a considerable amount of scholarships given to study in the U.S.A.